Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Labor Day

Labor Day in the city... Lindsay and I decided that we had labored enough since Wednesday, we deserved a low key day. At the end of our street, there is a park that overlooks a river. This is the same park from which I hear the shrills of children's voices as I leave my apartment everyday. 3 girls that live across the street, Lindsay, and me packed our bags and spent the afternoon lazing in the grass. Looking out over the river, I saw the blue water on one side and the New York skyline on the other, I felt the cool breeze of an approaching season, and I heard the laughter of new friends and a new life all around me.

After a restful day in the park, we ventured into our neighborhood to find a dinner. Ending up at a panini and wine bar, we enjoyed "free panini Monday" over a glass of Sangria filled with fresh blueberries and strawberries - a refreshing end to a restful Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment