Monday, November 1, 2010

2 views of the city

The end of this week has been really fun for me - it's been a dream world in NYC! Thursday night I went to the top of the Rockefeller Building and saw the city scape by night. The lights are incredible, the rivers and bridges so distinct, and the buildings exude energy and life and excitement. I stood for an hour looking out over the night sky at the city in which I live - standing in amazement. The wind was cool around my face, I felt like most things could not be more perfect.

Friday night, after dinner with friends, we went to anther amazing rooftop view - a bar on top of a hotel on 5th ave. To our surprise, however, this hotel had luscious red robes hanging around the terrace for the "comfort" of their diners. At first, we simply looked out at the buildings, but finally we opted for the big, red robes. Looking around, I saw myself standing with 3 friends and at least 100 strangers all socializing in red bathrobes on top of a rooftop terrace with the Empire State Building directly in front of us... and the Chrysler off to the side. Life is surreal sometimes, most of the times these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment