Monday, November 1, 2010

Bible Study and Brunch

Redeemer Presbyterian has a great newcomers ministry. To help welcome and envelope young, new to the city people, each year a "recent grads" Bible study is started. Lindsay and I joined the '10 group this year and have met a lot of new girls. Our Bible study is led by 2 girls a year or so older than me, and there are about 15 girls that come each week. It's great fellowship, good conversation, and beneficial discussion. As with anything in NYC, it's a trip to go to bible study each week, Lindsay holds me accountable every Wednesday - I'm always tempted to stay comfy on our couch after a long, long day at school! I am always thankful, though, once I get there!

Last Saturday, some girls from bible study, Lindsay, and me decided to have brunch and spend the afternoon together. I had work to do all morning, but we met up around 2 for a late lunch on the Upper West Side. It was Halloween that Saturday, and the UWS was BOOMING with people. The weather was crisp, the sun was shining, and there were kids everywhere in costume. If you have ever seen the movie "You've Got Mail", as I walked down Amsterdam Ave., I felt as if I was walking through the carnival that Tom Hanks takes Annabelle and Matt to... face painting, balloons, booths, and all.
I met the girls at The French Roast, and we had a wonderful outside lunch, bundled up in our coats and sipping coffee. After lunch, we walked all the way down to Rockefeller Center... only in NYC. After a long afternoon, we ended at Anthropologie - but we were all too tired to shop, so we found a comfy place on the couch.


After our afternoon of shopping, I hopped on the train to Brooklyn to meet Eden and some other girls for dinner in Eden's neighborhood - she had planned a fun night for us. We ate at a Southern bistro called "Seersucker" - restaurants in NYC have the most creative names (the word seersucker conjures up images of the grove and Easter Sundays at church... classic Old South). We ordered yummy pimento cheese, collard greens, stone-ground grits, and sauteed Brussels sprouts. yummm...

Here's a cute picture of Lindsay and me that I forgot to post - this was after dinner on Newbury in Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment